The New Normal…
Following the Government’s guidelines in relation to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are delighted to announce that we’ll be re-opening our doors for service on Saturday 4th July!
The last few months have certainly been difficult for the hospitality industry; not to mention the fact that we only took over the keys to the Kedleston in March… only to spend our first three months of business in isolation.
We have a fabulous new team in place, who have been expertly trained on ‘the new normal’ that we will operate throughout all areas of the business, whether you’re joining us for dinner or a private event. All we ask is that you have a little patience with us, as it’s bound to take some getting used to.
Before your visit, we would appreciate it if you could take some time to read the following guidelines to give you an idea of how we will operate, and the measures we’ve put in place to ensure the health and safety of all of our staff and guests.
• We encourage all visitors to book a table online – even if you’re just planning to visit us for a drink. Bookings will be staggered to minimise congestion from guests arriving at the same time, however if you do notice other people waiting, please ensure you adgere to the 2m rule.
• Please note that we currently cannot accept group bookings of more than 6 people. Tables inside may be 6 guests from 2 households. Tables outside may be 6 guests from any household.
• All visitors will enter via the main door in the Bar area, unless you have booked a Garden table, in which case, you will follow the appropriate arrows around to the terrace. You will be greeted inside the building and directed to your table by a member of our staff. Please make use of the hand sanitisers as you enter, and when you leave.
• You will be required to give the details (name and telephone number) of one person per household, for tracing purposes – this is a government requirement. If you refuse to give your details, you will unfortunately not be allowed to enter the building or garden.
• Once you are seated, you will be referred to an online app called Hopt to order your food (see more details below). This is to minimise contact with staff. If you do not have a smartphone, or cannot download the app for any reason, please inform a member of staff and they will take your order at the table.
• Guests may not gather at the bar, or in any other area of the building.
• Please do not move any furniture – we’ve arranged our tables in a way that adheres to the guidelines.
• If you need to access the toilets during service, you will be advised to follow the one-way system in place.
• When leaving, guests in the Orangery, Snug and Parlour will be asked to exit via the Terrace doors and Garden. Guests from the Dining Room will exit via the main entrance, ensuring you are mindful of social distancing with people in the Bar area.
• Please respect other diners and members of staff – some people may be less comfortable about distance, so be mindful of your personal space when navigating your way through the restaurant, bar or garden.
If you have any questions you’d like to ask prior to your arrival, please do get in touch: email@example.com
Sally, Helen & Lesley